NSW health authorities have published a list of locations the man visited in the days before he tested positive for the virus.
“Anyone in Queensland who has been to the locations during the specified times is asked to quarantine at home or their accommodation,” Ms Palaszczuk said.
“Please also call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) and get tested as soon as possible.”
The man, aged in his 50s, visited a cafe in Paddington, an optometrist in the city, a cinema and four barbecue stores over the weekend.
He was careful to check into venues, which authorities have said will help with contact tracing.
“This person did everything right, but it goes to show we can’t take anything for granted,” NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.
Anyone who attended one of the following venues at the times specified is asked to immediately get tested and isolate until NSW Health provides further information.
– District Brasserie, Chifley Square, 11am – 11:45am
– HineSight Optometrist, Sofitel Sydney, Wentworth, 12pm – 1pm
– Barbetta, Paddington, 1:30pm – 2:30pm
– Screening of The Courier at Event Cinemas, Westfield Bondi Junction, 6pm – 8pm
– Figo Restaurant, Rushcutters Bay, 8.45pm – 11pm
– Joe’s Barbeques & Heating, Silverwater, 1pm – 1.45pm
– Tucker Barbecues, Silverwater, 1pm – 1.45pm
– Barbeques Galore, Annandale, 2pm – 3pm
– Barbeques Galore, Casula, 4pm – 5pm
– BP Mascot, Botany Road, 4.30pm – 5pm
– The Meat Store, Bondi Junction, 3pm – 4pm